Sunday 3 July 2011

Barnyard Birthday Bash!

This weekend we had fun celebrating our "baby" boy's first birthday!


The weather was absolutely perfect!
Sunny and gorgeous...


Hubby grilled up smokies, hot dogs, beef and chicken sliders and served them
 in cute little blue baskets with a side of chips...


We enjoyed some chocolate cake with peach & passion fruit curd filling.
Hopefully the barnyard animals didn't mind too much...


My favorite part of the cake was the little hen scolding away at the pigs below...


There were sugar piggie cookies to devour...


 And "blueberry" or "cherry pie" cupcakes. Mmmm....


The kids were sneaking licorice ropes and cola bottle gummies when the adults weren't looking...



 The "chicken feed" caramel popcorn twists filled up a glass pail nicely...


The overtired birthday boy needed a little coaching from Mommy
on how to eat his birthday cupcake.
Not that I minded.


It was such a fun filled day with lots of family, presents and yummy food!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket

Weekend Bloggy Reading

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully themed party! I love all the details it looks fantastic!! Happy Birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the CUTEST party ever! That cake is adorable. Happy birthday to your baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WOWed me...did you really make all that?
    Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks ladies!
    It was a lot of fun (and a ton of work! lol)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cutest cake I have ever seen.bravo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's quite the cake!!! - Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake is so cute! I love all the fun cupcakes and cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! My hubby was more than a little horrified when I told him he should take the left over cookies along for his coffee breaks. Apparently eating piggie cookies around his oil patch coworkers isn't all that cool. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw you at Serenity Now.

    I love the birthday theme, especially the "pie" cupcakes!! SO charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am beyond impressed. Did you make that cake? Those cupcakes? It is all so adorable. I hope you wallpaper your son's nursery with photos of this amazing event as a constant testament of how much work you are willing to do for him....this was a fantastic birthday party.

    I would totally copy you if I thought I could do even one of these things, except maybe the licorise and cola bottlel candies. I could definitely handle though.

    Stopping by from Serenity Now's Weekend Bloggy Link Up Party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...