Monday 31 October 2011

Pinspiration Monday - Pinspiring Places!

My dad was born in a different country, and somewhere along his journeys he snapped up my mom and together they have done a fair share of adventurous traveling around the world.
This love of seeing and experiencing different place and cultures was most definitely passed on to me.
I've been lucky enough to travel with them to a handful of countries and it has only left a taste for more (although I could handle traveling without some of the adventures my parents seem to find).

Have you scrolled through the pics of gorgeous places on Pinterest yet?
Sometimes I like to dream about visiting these countries, so today I thought I'd invite you to dream along with me...


New York City in the fall.
Who doesn't want to go here?!


I must say, as much as I dislike snow, this winter shot in NYC looks pretty inviting too.

Then of course, there is Italy.
I will visit you someday.

Lake Como, Italy



Burgundy Street, Madrid.
Absolutely beautiful!




And obviously Paris. Another place on my bucket list.
But...can I stay in this room? Pretty please?



How about Christmas shopping in Vienna?
I think I could handle that.



And last, but not least, I'll leave you with a few pictures of a country I have had the privilege to visit, and even lived in for a few years. My dad's home country...Sweden.


I am so in love with the little red houses with their white trim.
They're every bit as charming as you would think.



A cup of hot, strong coffee and a raspberry truffle would pair nicely with this scenery...
----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed going with me on this short little tour of beautiful places!
Now tell me...where have you traveled, and where do you dream of going?!


13 comments:

  1. I have been to Spain, Scotland and lived in England for a spell. (I have also visited NYC and other US cities) I have many places on my list of places to travel - including Norway (to find my kin) :-) Kenya, Ethiopia, Australia,and pretty much all of Europe! That being said, I'd go back to England in a flash too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Italy twice and dream of going to France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Sweden. And I´ve stayed in Australia for a year. Other trips I´ve done is to: Thailand, NY USA, Carlifonia USA (San Diego, San Fransisco, Las Vegas and L.A),Paris, London, Denmark and Egypt. My next "wanna go" is to Irland, Prauge, Italy and Turky. An I also wanna go back to N.Y for a longer stay (last time we only stayed 4days)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must get to Italy! It was one of my most favorite places I got to sing in during my operatic performing years. Lovely pics. Have a grand evening! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!! What gorgeous images you have found! I have dreamed of going to Paris and Italy, I even have a nephew and his wife who are in Italy due to being stationed there with the military. But really, I would love to see more of my own country, Canada. I want to see Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and mostly I want to see PEI. A trip to the East Coast of Canada would please me.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your virtual traveling through Pinterest. Such beautiful places. So many places I'd like to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a board that I pin places I would love to visit! I definately won't make it to every single place, but I love daydreaming about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful places--if one is unable to travel looking at these photos is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is the most beautiful collection of images I have seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pictures!
    Such wonderful places!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had your link from Toni, Design Dazzle. I used to live on Lake Como... :)
    Nice to meet you!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so very much for joining in with my weekly Pinning and Singing Pinterest Party. I am so thrilled that you joined in and shared these pins of amazing places! I have been to New York & Paris in Winter and after seeing this I really want to spend Christmas in Vienna...what a stunning place!

    I hope you have been busy pinning away so you can join in with this weekend's party!

    Best wishes and happy pinning,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...