Monday 7 November 2011

Winter Pinspiration

The snow has arrived here in my part of Alberta.
Anyone who is a friend of mine on Facebook knows that come mid-winter (that being Feb.) and on until April or May, I rant and rave incessantly about the snow and cold and shake my fist at the white world outside. Sad, but true.

HOWEVER.
The first snowfall is magical.
I will happily admit it.
Actually, I am quite happy to see the snow during the months of November, December and January.
Cause that's when snow belongs outside!

So today I thought I'd share with you some of the things I love about this time of year...
Source: google.com via Lizzie on Pinterest


A roaring fire. I know, I know that's a no-brainer.
Since we don't actually have a "real" fireplace in our new house, I will admit to missing our old one very much. Especially on cold, snowy mornings!




Sitting in my favorite chair in the living room in the early morning hours and watching the snow fall outside.
Soooo peaceful.




Wrapping up in a cozy blanket while sitting in my favorite chair and watching the snow fall.



A hot cup of fresh coffee. Mmmm.




Fresh pastries straight from the oven on a cozy Saturday morning.



Looking through decorating and food magazines.
And now you all know my secret...I have stacks and stacks of them. : )




Sweater boots.
I have a pair very similar to this and I wear them almost non stop, even in a foot of snow.
I love them that much.



Scarves.
Need I say more?

Source: ae.com via Luka_Sunny on Pinterest

The oversized hoodie.
Let's face it. I'm Canadian and I like my hoodies!


A bowl of hot steaming soup.


Source: cbsnews.com via Reba on Pinterest


And last, but least, going for a walk in the freshly falling snow with my family...

What are your favorite things about winter?? Do tell!
------------------------------------------

Have a wonderful week friends!
I've got several fun projects lined up, so I hope you will join me with that!

A big apology to those who have left comments on the headboard project and raspberry truffles this past week and have heard a big ol' nothing from me. Ugh! I have read all your comments and appreciate them so much...but my email account has been giving me major headaches and not loading properly so I have been unable to answer.
I am sorry! I will keep trying!!


9 comments:

  1. Oooh you got snow! We are still waiting for ours...it's late :( and my ski's are getting impatient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine life in the frigid north!! I am a fan of our mild winters for sure!!! Snow already??!! Crazy, though your list of fave winter things do sound pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Evie

    Just lovely post. Makes me miss the winter weather.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're way south (cajun country!) so we don't get much winter, but when the north wind blows and the temps dip into the 50's, we run around and put on coats and light a fire in the fireplace and pretend it's cold and make a pot of GUMBO!

    Shrimp gumbo is awesome, but the last one I made is chicken and sausage. You must use cajun sausage, deer sausage is the best. And that's what we do. For winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first is magical but I totally agree with you about January and February. I'm trhying to think of something really good to do this year during those months so that I stay out of my doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love snow and the first snow fall is so magical!

    Unfortunately it doesn't snow but once every blue moon here in my neck of the woods; but when DH was in the service we lived in Alaska (I loved it up there), Illinois and Wisconsin, it was nice. However DH doesn't like the white stuff.

    Have a great week.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the snow too! That second picture is so magical! We had a few flakes the other day but no real snow yet...maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Winter post! I love all the inspiration you found on pinterest! You did a great job putting this together...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until it snows! I love when we get snowed in and we can all just hunker down and play board games and feast on hot cocoa and marshmallows!

    Love that scarf and that last pic!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...